Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday and Monday
























































Well it was another cool morning as we got ready to head out to Element for church on Sunday. Nancy and I worked at the e-kids check-in desk and we checked in 27 little ones. I managed to slip in too hear Bobby speak as Nancy helped out with the toddlers after her check in duties. Seems we now have an autistic young 4 yr. old girl which really demands some extra attention. Bob had a great message on chapters 3-5 in Acts about the new church and our role after being filled with the Holy Spirit.

We stopped off at Sam's on the way home for a few items and picked up a rotisserie chicken for lunch, can't beat the price for such a yummy lunch. After lunch we chilled and then I watered the garden before catching the first period of the USA vs Canada hockey game. What a great game but I really don't see why we had to play Canada again after beating them several days ago and then for them to win the gold medal after just barely beating us in their one and only win. Seems we should of had at least a 3rd game to decide.

We headed over to G/G and Paps around 4 PM for Nancy family birthday dinner. All the kids were finally there by 6:30 so we feasted on pork roast, kielbasa, Nathan dogs, mashed spuds, sauerkraut, salad and rolls with a chocolate cake with white icing. Thanks G/G for putting on such a great spread. Ava and Annsley had a great time together with each of them having their moments; Annsley stepped on a toy an injured her foot and Ava closed her finger in the leaf of the coffee table. Both will be better before their married, that's my standard line.

Monday morning found me riding out to the rec around 7:20 for some pickle ball after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. It was cold out with frost on every house roof and a lot of car tops. Yikes when is this weather ever going to stay warm for more than a day. We had 11 players for the day with some exceptional play the first 45 minutes for the 4 of us. Great rallies and some hard hitting. We are polishing up our team play for the tournament on the 29th of this month which is being held in our gym. The Good Life Games is a 50+ and older to participate. I did a few minutes in the weight room after my PB play on the elliptical and crunch board. I certainly need to firm up all this fat I'm managed to put around my middle the past couple of weeks while its been so cold outside.

After leaving the rec I picked up a book on hold at the library then pedaled home to water the gardens before lunch. Seemed the kids(Ava and Amy) were coming by after lunch as Tyler was working from home in case of an abrupt arrival by baby Samuel. Speaking of Samuel he was a no show once again today.We're hoping for a GO this next day or so before Amy is induced on Wednesday. I played out side with Ava for awhile until the girls decided it was warm enough to walk. Ava rode her trike around the block while Nancy and Amy walked. I raked up 4-5 large trash cans of leaves then took the mower and reduced them to just a few bags of mulch. I then mulched all the lettuce, took out the old kale and mustard green plants I brought back from the cabin and planted more beans, cukes, basil and lettuce. The temps finally warmed up to the middle 70's and it was just a beautiful day. Nancy took her walk after Amy left to put Ava down for a nap and I worked up a sweat while raking and mulching the leaves. Wow was it ever nice to have such a beautiful warm and sunny day. Tonight there is rain in the forecast with cooler temps for the rest of the week, Yikes here it is the first of March and the heat was on this morning. Nancy made a nice meatloaf for supper with asparagus and a baked spud. I have officially cut out sweets and desserts from my diet as I'm about 6 pounds on the porky side.

Well I will enclose a few pics from the dinner last night. LATER.










No comments: