Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday











Well the day started out with cloudy skies and cool temps once again. After a cup of hot green tea, my quiet time and an orange for breakfast I rode out to the rec for some pickle ball. We had 10 players today and the first 15 minutes had 4 of us with some fast action and wet t-shirts before we had to change our method of play as we had people waiting. I had to leave about 20 minutes early as Sears was waiting for me at 9:45 to off load our new electric range. Nancy detected some minor cosmetics dings so they will bring us a new range on the 30th. Unbelievable!!! They did offer us a 60 dollar gift to keep the range they delivered, but what the heck when you pay a ton of money you want one without flaws especially in an area that is noticeable. Anyhow they insisted we use the one they brought today until they deliver another one on the 30th.

Amy, Ava and Samuel came for lunch and Samuel seems to be a lot better from his cold. Amy is still suffering with a runny nose but other than that all seems better. My cough has really just about gone for now with an occasional hack, actually the leaves have just about budded out so I think that was a major player with all my hacking. I haven't used a Clarentin in a couple days but believe me that works for allergies and cold like symptoms.

I managed to get a little garden work in after lunch as Ava and I did her trike ride before lunch. I finished up the lettuce in one area and worked the soil over for the next bunch of seedlings. I sowed a lot of seeds that I'm planning on taking to the mountains in May; 4 types of tomato's, 2 types of peppers, kale, basil, rosemary, artichoke, pak choy. Hopefully these seeds will make some great plants that will be ready to plant into the ground the end of May. I also made a couple more cutting from geraniums and moved several of my herbs up into bigger pots with some new and fresh potting soil.

I worked in the front yard sowing some more grass seed and watering even though we had a good rain yesterday. Hopefully with the warmer weather I can get some grass on the bare dirt pile by the huge oak tree in the front yard. I cut 2 really nice broccoli's for supper and the taste was superb along with some fresh rosemary on a couple of bone-in pork chops on the grill. Yumm good eatin'. Tater tots was the starch as we are trying to eat down our freezer before we head to the Carolina's in May. This beautiful weather has us getting ready to once again work in the flower and vegetable gardens as well as to visit all of our mountain friends.We are just about 8 weeks away as we are planning on heading north over the Memorial Day week-end.
Well I will enclose a couple garden shots, LATER.

No comments: