Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday

WOW is all I can say, Spring has bloomed on the Suncoast of Florida, finally. The morning started out with my usual internal alarm clock going off at 6:30 and that turkey next door gobbling. I think he would look good on a platter, stuffed. Oh well, he is the center of attention when ever any visitors head to the back yard to view my garden and Ava just loves to have him gobble when ever she playing in the back or looking for buggies. After my cup of green tea, quiet time and catching up on the Internet, Nancy made us a "mountain breakfast"without the buckwheat cakes with a banana and blue berries in the batter; instead we had smoked bacon,cackleberries, grits and toast with homemade black raspberry jam we made last summer Yumm!!! That jam was the best I've ever eaten.

After breakfast we decided to go to the beach around 11 AM, so I hand watered the gardens. The sunshine was delicious with blue skies even though there was a touch of coolness in the air it looked like it was really going to warm up and it did. I think it topped out around 75 by days end. We met us with neighbors and friends Carol, Dan and their married daughter Daniell at Maderia Beach. The place was jumping with hundreds of people and even a few brave northers swimming. I probably would have also but I'm still coughing a little from all this pollen in the air or at least I hope that's what causing this lingering cough. It's not as bad as I had it last year which eventually caused me to seek a physician for the first time in 20 + years. Knock on wood, I've been blessed with good health. (sorry about digressing)

After the beach we headed out to Pinellas Park for some super WalMart shopping then stopped by Sam's Club. We finally got back to the house around 4PM and we needed to get some chicken breasts in a marinade as we were having Dan and Carol for dinner at 5:30. Nancy was making a salad with homemade Greek dressing, sauteed peppers and onion and Carol was bringing black beans and yellow rice. I grilled the breast with lots of fresh rosemary on top and then we added fresh cilantro from the garden to taste on our fajitas along with grated cheese, sour cream and of course I used some very hot sauce on mine. Yumm!!! Very good eatin'!!!

After cleaning up we played one game of Phase 10 with a close win for Carol. Another one for the girls!!! Well, we were all exhibiting lots of red from our 1 1/2 hours on the beach. It seems when we go to the beach it makes you feel as if your on vacation. We had the windows open and the sweet smell of orange blossoms was in the air as well as the melodious sounds of the many birds singing. Yikes was it ever nice and a great way to wind down the first day of Spring. Tomorrow is worship at Element Church in Tampa, would love to see ya there, LATER

No comments: