Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday











We have "duck weather" at the moment and ever since last night it has been a constant steady rain and the front should be out of here by morning. Speaking of morning, after my quiet time and some fruit for breakfast one of my PB buddies, Jersey Jim picked me up at my house then we picked up a couple more players before heading down to St.Pete Beach rec center for over 3 hours of play. I would guess there must have been 30 plus player all together and while their system of play is quite different from the way we structure our play we never the less had some good play and there were lots of wet t-shirts. Jim and I teamed up to play a 25 year old and his pardner in the best of 3 sets and we won the third set convincingly. I must brag on our group of senior players as being more skilled and competitive overall to the group we played with today. There were 8 of us from Seminole and we played until nearly 12:30 before heading out to Pass a Grille for lunch at the Pelican or Seahorse Restaurant; not sure of the name of the place.
Well after lunch and getting back to Seminole I learned Amy had taken Samuel to the doctor because of some inflammation in his eyes. It was nothing serious that drops couldn't handle plus when they weighed him he had exceeded his birth weight in just a little over a week. He is up to 10 pounds. I didn't get to see the kids today as they dropped Nancy off after the doctor's appointment and it was time for Ava's nap.


Well not much else going except some of those onion sets I planted last Saturday came up today from all that rain from over night. I think we had 2 + inches. The temps have stayed pretty nice even with all that rain and the highs were in the low 70's and tonight its supposed to get down into the 50's. The plants really love these kind of growing temps. Nancy baked a couple pork chops along with baked sweet 'taters and fresh broccoli for supper. Well will close for now and will enclose a couple pics Nancy took of Ava and Samuel today. LATER.

No comments: