Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday

Well did it ever rain during the night and continued right up through the morning hours. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I got ready to ride out to the rec but rain forced Nancy to drive me in the truck and drop me off.

Today was the Good Life Games being held at our rec center here in Seminole. Luckily we held them inside our gym but the bad thing is we only have 2 courts suitable for tournament play. There must of been 50-60 players with many of them coming from as far away as Ocala. There is a place called The Villages where they have 107 courts, of course all of them are outside play and there must have 4-5 teams of players for both mixed and team play doubles from there. I learned we had a couple teams who had played in the National Pickle Ball Tournament, actually one of those teams beat Mitsuko, Ric and myself as we teamed up for both men and mixed doubles. Mitsuko and I took the bronze medal in mixed doubles but that was the extent of my winning as Ric and I blew a 1 set lead and lost by 3 points. Was there ever some good play and great teams. It was an all day affair and was still going on when I left at 4 PM. Costco donated sandwich fixin's, water, fruit and snacks. Many thanks to them and to our own Jersey Jim for helping with officiating and score keeping as well as seeing the tournament ran smoothly.Not many of our teams won medals but we had some idea of what we must do next year to get ready to play these teams that play together daily.

That was about all that took place today as it was pretty much an inside the gym day. I did cut a very large broccoli for dinner from my garden. The outside temps once again dropped considerably after the rain stopped and a strong northerly wind took over and of course dried up the couple inches of rain that fell the past 2 days. I sure missed seeing the grand kids today. LATER

No comments: