Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday

Well what a beautiful late morning an afternoon, the temps reached into the low 80's for a couple hours. There was a time when I was sure Nancy would want the a/c on but we perserved and stuck it out. Of course putting shorts on helped her immensely. I had a super workout this morning as we played pickle ball and unfortunately the rec is closed until next Monday due to Seminole Pow Wow. I think a group of us will venture out to St Pete Beach rec on Friday to play. We had about 12 player's today and some really good play.

After PB I headed home to hand water the garden while waiting on Nancy who had headed over to Amy's to help with the kids. Ava is as cute as ever and becoming quite the big helper and Samuel is growing and entertaining us with his attempts to raise his head and all kinds of sweet cute noises. He basically likes to eat about every 2 hours and constantly has a steady stream on everything as his diaper is being changed.

After lunch the neighbor boy Phoenix came by for a visit with Ava and the 2 of them rode trikes around the hood for nearly an hour. They played in the back yard and Ava tried to get him to play with some of her buggies. She had them crawling on her arms, hands and shirt but could never get Phoenix to play with them. I remember Amy was the same way with Bobby. He would run away with her chasing him with a bug, like mother like daughter. After the kids left around 2:30 Nancy took her walk through the 'hood while wearing summer clothes. I sat in the back yard finishing up a good read on a true crime book titled DARK AND BLOODY GROUND. If your faint hearted stay away from this one, however it did take place in Kentucky back in the 80's with the fugitives being arrested in the Daytonia Beach area of Florida.

I chopped up some collards and sauteed them in olive oil with fresh garlic and a little salt and pepper, man were they ever good along with a grilled a marinated chicken breast and yellow rice. I still am holding at a 4 pound loss and have foregone desserts for nearly 2 weeks. I hope I make it throught the evening as Nancy made a great dessert for house church tonight. Its a chocolate pudding with whipped cream and roasted pecans on top called "better than sex." I hope I can hold out on this one, sounds interesting as well. Well its time to head out to house church. Later.

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

I wish it was that hot here!