Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday

Well what a beautiful morning after the rain last night. The downpour washed most of the pollen and fuzzies from the oak trees and gave my garden a good drink. There was just enough coolness in the air to make it really spring time. These kind of mornings sure remind us of our North Carolina mornings in the mountains. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with some blueberries and a banana I pedaled out to the rec for some pickle ball. We had about 14 players today and the first 30 minutes was superb with some great team play. Today was our last day before the big tournament on Monday. Seems we will compete against teams from all around the state and we will have several teams in both men's, women's and mixed doubles divisional play.

After 2 1/2 hours of play there were lots of wet shirts. I headed off to the weight room to do 75 crunches and to weight myself. I'm still holding at about 4 pounds lost in the last couple weeks. Tonight G/G has us over for stuffed cabbages in a tomato sauce, smashed spuds and salad. Delicious!!! Everyone but me ate bread and some of her lemon pie. It sure looked good but so far I'm holding strong on the no desserts.

Amy, Ava and Samuel came for lunch and we finished up the last of the salad and I ate a left over hamburger with no bread. Ava and I did a little trike ride on the sidewalk before they left for home; after they left Nancy did her couple miles in the 'hood and I finally finished up my taxes. Not a happy ending this year because I'm now having to pay taxes on my social security benefit I contributed to for all these years.

Tomorrow we are heading out to Tampa around 3PM to babysit Annsley and then to have dinner with Bobby after we spend the morning at the beach. Should be a fun day. LATER

No comments: