Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday

Well it was very chilly here this morning especially on my ride out to the rec at 7:20 on my bike for some pickle ball, of course with this time change it was still pretty dark out as well. The north wind was blowing and continued to blow all day long; even though the sun was warm the air remained chilly all day and this evening its down right cold. After my quiet time and a banana for breakfast I pedalled out. We had 15 players today and eventually had some pardner play as we tuned up for this upcoming Good Life Games tournament on the 29th of this month. The nearly 3 hours of play plum tuckered me out.

After PB I checked in at the library and picked up a couple books before heading home to hand water the garden. While watering Amy, Ava and Samuel came by for a visit and to have lunch with us. That Samuel is getting so big and he makes the cutest little grunting and groaning noises. Ava is such a big sister and checks on Samuel at the least little noise. I picked a bunch of greens for our salad for lunch along with radishes and sweet sugar peas.

After lunch I took Ava out to ride her trike around the block and we both had to wear a jacket even though there was lots of bright sunshine. Ava of course had to pick every flowering weed, seed pod and touch every cactus along our path. She is very perceptive and remembers the names for all these trees, flowers and plants.

They headed out around 2:30 for Ava's nap so I decided to take a small one myself as Nancy did her couple mile walk through the 'hood. They were coming back this evening to eat supper with us as Tyler does his weekly teaching with ESL at SFBC. We had another one of Amy's favorite meals which Tyler isn't crazy about; taco's and burritos. Yumm!!!

Well the kids just headed out and we were getting ready for Survivor when we found NCAA college basketball on instead, March Madness. Well not much else going on this evening, just chilling' literally. LATER

No comments: