Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday

Once again it was downright chilly for Florida for this time of the year, although there was tons of sunshine and yet again a chilly north breeze. Anyhow the birds are loving this weather and were singing loud as I pedalled out to the rec this morning for PB after my quiet time and a banana for breakfast. We had a large crowd today with 14 plus players and there were 4 of us for the first 45 minutes which saw most of us with wet t-shirts. Great play and lots of fun, I was ready to call it a day after those 2 sets, anyhow afterwards I did a few crunches for the big belly in the weight room and stepped on those dreaded truth detectors of how much blubber is around my middle, still holding a 4 pound loss or change from 2 weeks ago. Its rough to give up so much good eatin' for so little weight loss but I'm starting to not miss those delicious, beautiful, sweet tasting apple pies, chocolate cakes, vanilla puddings, etc(maybe just a smidgen).

After PB I stopped off at the library and picked up a book for Nancy then headed on home to hand water the garden. The lettuce, sugar peas, radishes, beet greens, kale and herbs are really starting to produce, my onion sets are up 4-5 inches in two weeks. We had a nice salad from the garden for lunch and dinner. Amy, Ava and Samuel came for lunch and afterward Ava and myself went for her trike ride. Even though there was lots of sunshine we stilled needed a jacket on and this is the 19th of March. Unbelievable for Florida!!! After the kids left we started to get ready for Nancy's mom and dad for supper.

Our dear friends in the mountains hooked me up with some native trout they had caught last fall and had frozen them in a baggie with water. Nancy's folks love trout so I thawed them out and boned them(6) and then I picked more lettuce and cleaned that for Nancy to make a salad. Well those trout were as fresh tasting as the day they were caught and we licked the platter clean, YUMM!! Many thanks to Andy and Caleb and we will always enjoy the fruits of your harvest. After dinner Nancy and her mom whipped her dad and myself in 2 games of Phase 10, both were very close but must admit it was the girls night.

Well today Saturday looks to be promising with no wind or not much so after running some errands we may head to the beach after lunch for the first time in 2010, last year we or I was swimming in the Gulf of Mexico around the first of the year. LATER

No comments: