Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday
















Well it was quite a bit warmer this morning as I rode out to the rec on my bike after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. We had a large group once again for pickle ball but I got in some really good play for the first 45 minutes. There were lots of sweat soaked shirts; the sign of a good workout. We are fine tuning our pardner play for the Good Life Games which are held this coming Monday the 29th.

After 2 1/2 hours of play I headed to the work out room for about 75 crunches before stopping off at the library on my way home. I hand watered the garden when I got home for nearly 30 minutes before Nancy got home from her couple mile walk through the 'hood. Amy, Ava and Samuel came for lunch and we got a surprised visit from son, Bobby as he was in the neighborhood on business. After lunch Ava and I headed out so she could ride her trike and wow was the sun ever hot, I think it reached the high 70's. Luckily we had a nice strong breeze and a few clouds began to head into the area. After the kids left Nancy and I headed over to her folks to help with a few odd jobs. I cleaned out the gutters on the front of the house which required some ladder work, then I trimmed some bushes in the back that had some freeze damage while Nancy and her dad put the trimmings in the garbage. After leaving there we stopped at the veggie stand for 'maters and other fresh veggies before heading on back to the house.

I grilled marinated chicken breasts and Nancy made her famous garlic butter sauce with fresh mushrooms to go over penne pasta with fresh asparagus on the side. A fresh garden salad topped off the meal. Amy and the kids came to eat as Tyler is teaching tonight. After cleaning up the kids headed for home before dark. Well its supposed to rain tonight and cool off just bit. We had a fun day taking pics and just loving on those grand babies. Enclosed are couple pics from today. LATER

2 comments:

Jodi said...

They look SO much alike! So sweet!

Jerry said...

We found some early pictures of Ava and compared them to Samuel and they could be twins. He is growing so fast. He loves to be held and makes all these little noises while making faces in his sleep.