Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday

Well I was lazy last night after getting back from Amy and Tyler for supper. Amy made a nice chicken casserole for dinner as Tyler had a late dinner with his boss and Nancy brought a salad. Tuesday was a clear but cool and breezy day. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I rode out to the rec for some pickle ball. We only had 10 players but had a great workout. I did about 50 crunches in the weigh room afterwards before heading home to hand water the garden.

Nancy fixed some great ham sandwiches for lunch then Ava and I went outside so she could ride her trike. After the kids left I got in a little garden work before we headed over to Amy's for dinner. We headed home afterwards to watch American Idol and that lasted until 10 so I was to whipped to write after my shower.

Wednesday morning was once again cold for March as I rode out on the bike after my usual quiet time and this morning a bowl of oatmeal. The birds were just singing away as daylight broke and all the ponds had steam rising. We had a larger crowd today of about 15 players; but we still managed a lot of good play and there were lots of wet shirts. I headed to the weigh room for 75 crunches today after my PB before stopping by the library for a couple books. When I got home Nancy was making a large pot of chicken vegetable soup. Nancy wanted to share some with an older neighbor lady who is suffering with cancer and chemotherapy. She has lost a lot of weight as well as all her hair but she still has a great attitude. While watering the garden Nancy's folks(GG & Pap) came by and then stayed around until Amy and the kids came for lunch. We all had some yummy soup and salad for lunch.

Well after eating Ava and I headed outside to play. We could actually play outside with no jacket for a change as the temps really warmed up. It must have been in the high 70's. After the kids left I finished up some garden work then sat out in the back yard and read until it was nearly time to start supper. I pulled about 10 large collard leaves, took out the large vein, rolled and chopped them into bite size pieces then sauteed them in hot olive oil and garlic. Wow is that ever a great dish and so easy to fix. I fixed a couple hamburger steaks on the grill and along with some wild rice we had a tasty supper. Good eatin.'

After cleaning up we got ready to head out to our neighborhood house church at 7 PM. There were 10 adults and 2 kids as several from our group had to work late or were sick, so we were a little lite in numbers. We had a time of prayer for those who we know in our circle of influence and then shared these concerns with the group. Afterwards we or they all had desserts. I'm still trying to be strong as I passed up carrot cake and brownies. I'm still down a few pounds but it is very hard to maintain even without desserts. Well not much else is going on. LATER




.

No comments: