Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

Well forgive me for not posting on Wednesday but after cleaning up and serving about 60 folks for dinner which was ; baked chicken, yellow rice and green beans with a salad bar and blueberry and apple pie for dessert, I was to occupied with American Idol to write. The morning started out as usual with my quiet time and a lite breakfast before heading out on the bike to the Rec. There were 15 players and we had 3 courts with 4 players each full at all times for 2 hours of steady play. After the game I worked out in the fitness room for about 45 minutes before stopping by the library and picking up a couple of books on the Northwest Exploration.

After lunch I was alone until 4 PM so I caught up on some great uninterrupted reading. Amy an Ava picked me up at 4 PM to head to church to help with the fellowship meal. We were out of the kitchen by 6:45 PM. The day was a beautiful day with warm sunshine and clear skies which just about reached 80 degrees. Yea, thank goodness the humidity has stayed away for awhile.

Thursday started out the usual as well; quiet time, light breakfast and a ride on the bike to the Rec. We only had 4 players so that made for tough, fast and continuous play for 2 hours. Wow what a workout. It sure helps when you can attain this level of play as we will soon be having the Good Life Games at our facility the end of March. I headed for home and had a salad for lunch as I had to be back at the Rec. at 1 PM for badminton. I got in another strenuous 1 1/2 hours of play and by the time I left 2:30 PM I was bushed. I chased some squirrels out of the garden and picked the last of the beans survived the last frost. I did a little reading until it was time for dinner. We did a no meat dinner with baked spuds, green beans and cooked beets. Well will close for now, LATER.

No comments: