Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday

Well the morning started out with temp's in the 30's and lots of frost. This time my garden wasn't so lucky. I lost some beans, cuke's, squash and the 'mater plants took a hit but I don't think it killed them completely. After my usual quiet time and a banana for breakfast I watered the garden to take the frost off before heading off to the Rec. I got in 2 hours of pickle ball with 10 other players then did 30 minutes(3.2 miles) on the elliptical and some heavy weights as well as 50 sit ups and crunches. Wow I love this workout but still haven't lost the extra 5 lbs or love handles around the waist.

The temp's were already starting to moderate by the time I left the Rec. and eventually reached the low 70's by early afternoon. The slight breeze kept the temp's from really get high but the bright sunshine and blue skies sure made for a beautiful Florida day. After lunch with Amy and Ava the girls sat out on the back yard in the sunshine and I finished a great read called COLD OCEANS by Jon Turk. Man against the elements with a kayak, dog sled and a row boat. If you like adventure this is definitely a mans book although he took his wife on several of his adventures.

We headed over to Amy and Tyler for dinner. Amy made pulled pork, cole slaw, french fries and mac./cheese. Great dinner then we played domino's with Amy coming from behind on the last hand to whup up on Tyler who led the whole game and me coming in second and at one point I was in the 500's before anyone. Oh well it was fun and we had such a great time playing with Ava before she had to go to bed.

Well tomorrow its supposed to be even warmer day, as we drove home the temp's were back down in the 40's. Not to bad but for Florida that's cool.Well will close for now. LATER

No comments: