Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday and Monday

Well Sunday was one of those days I woke up feeling yucky so I did the inevitable and decided not to share my cold with others at church as someone a week ago did with Nancy who then shared it with me. I stayed home and read. Today, Monday I feel a little better enough to the extent I tried to work the cold out on the pickle ball court.

After my quiet time I had a lite breakfast of oatmeal and banana and jumped on the old bike and headed to the Rec. I got in nearly 2 hours of play with 7 others players. I could feel from the beginning that I wasn't in top shape physically but persevered as I knew I had laid around all week end and needed some exercise. I headed home via the library and arrived home as Nancy was going for her 4 mile walk. She hasn't fully recovered as well with still some light headiness and washed out feelings. She thinks maybe her thyroid supplement is not in limits as well as still recuperating from her cold, so we are cancelling our trip this week end to Orlando. She was unable to move her doctors appointment up so we won't take the chance of spoiling our friends week end as well. Boy is it tough getting older.

The weather on Sunday was splendid with a cool morning but the afternoon was marvelous with temps in the low 70's. Monday morning was a bit colder with high 40's and the afternoon did warm up but a stiff breeze made it necessary to have a long sleeve shirt on in the shadows.Tomorrow it's supposed to be cool again in the morning but climb back into the 70's.

Nancy oven fried chicken for dinner with wild rice and a pot of fresh collard greens. Wow what a meal. Our new way of fixing collards is definitely the best way(no boiling for hours) and it only takes about 15 minutes. Well I will close for now wishing the best to all. LATER

No comments: