Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday( President's Day)

The Rec.was closed so I slept in until nearly 7:30. Amy and Ava spent the night as Tyler was out of town and Ava slept in until 6:45. After my quiet time and playing with Ava I watered the garden and piddled around outside. The air was warm with bright sunshine and made for spending the morning outside in short sleeves. Nancy fixed egg sandwiches for breakfast.

Any and Ava left after breakfast to head back to her house to do some chores before coming back for lunch at noon. We have fresh salads for lunch. The girls took off after lunch for Target, Publix and other stores. I sat out in the warm sunshine reading about another arctic tragedy called THE GHOSTS OF CAPE SABINE. If you like reading about man versus the cold arctic for survival this is a great read with lots of history around the turn of the 1900's. I take spells where I love reading these true accounts of the quest for the Northwest Passage and the North Pole. Its amazing how men survived for years locked in the ice and the personal torture they went through to achieve fame in seeking a way through these uncharted waters.

Nancy and I took a long walk when Ava and Amy went home for Ava nap. We got about 2 miles in at a brisk pace. Nancy fixed turkey burgers, oven spuds and Brussels sprouts for dinner. Tomorrow the Rec. is open so hopefully I can get a little workout as well as some pickle ball. Well not much else is going on so I will talk to you later.LATER

No comments: