Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

First of all let me wish my oldest child, my son Bobby Happy 28th Birthday!!! My how time just slips away especially the older we become. Tuesday started out great with cooler temps and lots of wind. After my quiet time I headed out to the Rec.and got in 2 good hours of pickle ball, elliptical, heavy weights and crunches. I stopped off at the library on the way home and picked up the DVD A Time to Kill, based on the John Grisham novel.

After lunch with Amy and Ava, Nancy got home from shopping for the Wednesday night meal at church. I went back to the Rec. for another hour and a half for badminton(Tues & Thur). Wow I sure got my exercise in on Tuesday. Amy and Ava had left for her afternoon nap by the time I got home so I watched the DVD until it was time for dinner. Nancy mad a great baked fresh salmon, garlic butter angel hair pasta and fresh steamed asparagus. That has to be one of my favorite meals. After dinner and the clean up Nancy and I headed over to a friends house for our weekly Bible study until about 8:45. We got home in time to see a little of American Idol.

Wednesday morning brought cold temps with a stiff breeze, once again it was down in the 40's. After my quiet time and cereal for breakfast I headed out on the bike for the Rec. Wow did my eyes water from the cold wind. I got in 2 good hours of work out and then headed for home. I hung a load of laundry and watered my garden as it was very dry from the strong wind and cold temps. I then managed to catch up on some reading as Nancy was gone for the day. Amy and Ava picked me up at 4 PM to head to church and work in the kitchen. Nancy made shepherds pie, mixed veggies, biscuits and chocolate cake for dessert. We were out of the kitchen by 6:30 and the temp had already dropped back to 44 by then. They are saying we will get below 32 this night and it will be our coldest night in nearly 6 years. Well there goes the vegetable garden. I picked green beans yesterday and lots of lettuce tonight after we got back from our Element house church at 9 PM. We had 10 people for our first house church The Botbyls tonight.
Well will close for now. LATER

No comments: