Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday

Wow was it ever nippy this morning. At first I thought the garden had frozen out with all the cold temps last night but after further inspection its seems only a few leaves of the squash, cuke's and beans were damaged badly; of course we have to wait and see what happens tonight as its supposed to be nearly as cold. After my quiet time and cereal for breakfast the ride to the Rec. on the bike was a cold one with my eyes watering all the way. I don't believe it reached 50 today and if it did the strong wind kept the wind chill down into the the 40's or lower all day.

I got a good workout with 10 pickle ball players today and we played hard. We are starting to choose our team players for the Good Life Games of Florida which occur the end of March and pickle ball will be played at our facilities, so we have a little advantage with the familiarity of the courts.

This afternoon at 1 pm I headed back to the Rec. for 1 1/2 hours of badminton. That is another game which elevates your cardio-vascular.I thoroughly love the game, almost as much as pickle ball. Ava and Amy came for lunch then took off for Target and the vegetable stand when I left for the Rec. Ava came for dinner as Amy and Tyler went out for dinner to celebrate their wedding anniversary . Where does the time go? They were married on this day 4 years ago. It sure seemed a lot warmer then as I remember. Nancy made Ava her favorite macaroni, green beans and a pork chop for dinner. She ate great and so did grand dad.

Well will close for now. LATER!

No comments: