Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday is Rain and Cooler

The day started out with a few sprinkles of rain and by the time I had finished my quiet time and a light breakfast and headed out for the Rec. is was coming down a little harder. I jumped on the bike and made it to the Rec. without getting too wet. After 2 hours of pickleball with 9 players I met up with Nancy in the exercise room where she was on the treadmill. I did another 30 minutes on the elliptical, several weights for the arms and shoulder and 50 sit ups and crunches. I stopped by the library to pick up a 1040A tax form as I found out since I've starting drawing social security I no longer can use the 1040EZ. Oh well!!!

I got home just in time as the skies opened up with a solid rain for most of the afternoon. Amy and Ava came by after lunch as Amy had a plumber come and fix their leaking commode. It seems the wax ring had cracked and the commode had become loose letting water leak into the bathroom. Dan and Carole had the same problem in their bathroom and when he took the commode apart their was a tree root growing up and around the sewer pipe and into the base of their commode causing it to leak water into the bathroom. Unbelievable!!! Amy stayed until it was time for Ava's nap around 3 PM and the rain had slacked off some. The weather man says its going to be in the 30's a couple morning this week. It reached 66 today with tomorrow only in the 50's. I checked the web cam in Roaring Gap and the golf course is covered in several inches of snow; pretty but cold looking.

Well we had a veggie only dinner tonight with a baked spud, green peas, fresh cold slaw and canned sliced beets. I love those meatless dinners of course I had leftover smoked chicken on a salad for lunch with Greek Dressing.

Well that's about it for now. To all our mountain friends stay warm and safe with the slick roads. LATER.

No comments: