Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

Well its very unusual for me to lay around all day and do nothing. However that's just what I did after sleeping in until nearly 8 AM. I seemed to have obtained or contracted Nancy's sore throat, light headiness and a slight cough. After my shower last night I drank a healthy shot of NyQuil and slept all night(helped a lot that I didn't hear Nancy snoring). Saturday morning was a cold one for here with temp's in the 40's. It finally started warming up after lunch. It got so nice out(in the 70's) we opened the windows and cut the heat off.
After our quiet time Nancy made blueberry pancakes and turkey bacon. I'm starting to like that bacon especially if you really crisp it up. I sure miss that good buckwheat mix from N.C. though. Can't wait til May when we can get that good stone ground mix once again. I've been taking Dayquil all day long and I actually feel a lot better along with tons of Vitamin C. One more night of NyQuil and this old body should be strong enough to recuperate.

I started a new book today and if your into exploring or adventure in the Alaska or Arctic areas read COMING INTO THE COUNTRY by John Mc Phee. The books gives a lot of history, personal experiences and adventure with hunting, fishing and gold mining in that great beautiful wild state. Tomorrow I think I will stay home and rest for another day as I wouldn't want to share this cold with anyone else. Nancy made a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for supper and it was super delicious. That soup was just what this body needed. Nancy plans on taking a pot down to our shut in neighbor, Jenny after church tomorrow. Keep Jenny in your prayers as she's suffering from terminal lung cancer as well being in her 80's. Well I'll close for now. LATER

No comments: