Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday

WOW, what a day this has been. It so reminded me of the North Carolina morning we are use to in the month of May. Bright sunshine, cool temps with blue skies, Yea Buddy!!! After rolling out of bed a little after 8 AM, Nancy and I did our quiet time and then had a late breakfast of blueberry buckwheat pancakes with a couple of eggs on top. Wow, we even had a N.C. breakfast. After putting away a short stack of cakes(3) loaded with homemade wild blackberry jelly it was after 10 AM so I decided to mow the leaves in the yard. There is no grass growing just a few blooming weeds with beggar stickers that give the impression of green grass covered with dry brown oak leaves. I sucked up 20 bags of leaves and weeds and then mulched the gardens. There are at least that many if not more leaves still hanging on the trees. I had to cut away lots of dead leaves from the beans, squash, cuke's and tomato plants; however I replanted the cuke's and transplanted some lettuce seedlings I had growning from seed. I still see lots of life in some of these plants so maybe they will continue to grow, although I think the cuke's are dead.

I finally came in the house after 2 PM and opened all the windows to fresh warm air. It must have reached 75 today. Just a perfect weather wise day. I could smell the sauce Nancy was making for a lasagna dinner on Sunday to celebrate Bobby birthday with the family. What a delicious smell drifting out the kitchen window with all the spiced sausage in a tomato sauce with fresh oregano. Those pancakes stayed with me all day until I came in and tried a small bowl of that sauce.

We were heading out at 5 PM for dinner at the Botbyl's house which was delicious as well. Steaks on the grill with oven spuds.Nancy brought fresh broccoli and a garden salad. YUMMM!!! After dinner we played 3 games of oh hell(not sure where the name came from). It fast and fun which requires you to make your bid.

We got back around 10 PM and must get ready to get up early as we will make the 8:30 service at SFBC. Well will close for now and will enclose dinner pictures tomorrow of the grand girls. LATER.

No comments: