Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday

Well this has to be one of the prettiest morning for Florida I've seen in awhile.The sun was shining, birds were singing and there was just a touch of damp cool fresh air as I pedalled to the Rec.After my quiet time and oatmeal for breakfast I was really for some pickle ball. I'm starting to feel a little stronger every day. The crud has just about gone but I really felt whupped after an hour of continuous play whereas I'm usually doing 2 plus hours of play plus 30 minutes on the elliptical.

I played out on the yard with Ava after lunch before the girls took off to visit great grandma and pap. I even took a little nap while they were gone.Nancy has just about cleared her head of the crud as well. I think this had some sinus infection as she was quite light headed several times and I also felt the same at times. The temps got up to 80 today yet no humidity. I Love it!!!

We had Nancy's mom and dad for dinner and I took the electric skillet outside on the back stoop and fried fresh frozen rainbow trout caught in N.C. by our good little buddy Caleb Dalton and his dad, Andy. I also fried up a mackerel that neighbor Jim and Kayla caught a while back. Wow I was surprised how good fried mackerel tasted.Nancy dipped them in egg and cracker meal and I fried them in Smart Balance oil. Man were they ever good. She also did oven spuds rolled in parsley and rosemary, lima beans and cornbread along with cold slaw. Good eatin' any way ya spell it.

Well tomorrow is a big day for the volunteers who help out at Calvary Chapel in Pinellas Park with the Angelfood distribution. There are over 750 orders to be filled starting at 9 AM on Sat the 28 th. Nancy and I have been helping with that ministry here as well as at Cornerstone, our church in Sparta.N.C. If your free and want a real blessing come join us and be a part of a community for Christ that serves others. You don't have to be a member of Calvary to serve; just have a heart for others and for Christ. See ya there Sat.LATER

No comments: