Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday

The morning started out the usual with my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. Afterwards I climbed on the bike and headed off to the Rec. for pickle ball. There was a total of 8 players which made for some good continuous play. I was supposed to go back at 1 PM for badminton but the rains fell and Nancy had a hair appointment so I cancelled out, as I didn't want to make my cold any worse and besides I had a great early morning work out. I've been sucking up a couple thousand Vitamin C tablets every couple hours and except for just a slight sore throat I feel pretty good. Hopefully I can nip it before it get as bad as Nancy had it. She seems to be a little better today, at least her dizziness has gone away.

Amy and Ava came for lunch and hung around until it was time for Nancy to leave for the hair dresser. We had a nice heavy rain for about 30 minutes and then a little drizzle later. I laid around and finished another book and took a brief nap. Nancy got back after 3 PM and we just relaxed until it was time to start dinner. I broiled pork chops on the grill and Nancy made a fresh homegrown broccoli, beans and sugar peas together along with a baked sweet potato. Ava actually liked the pork chop for a change. They hung out and we played with Ava until it was time for her bath so Amy went home and got her ready for bed so she could watch Survivor. We also watched it as well. Tomorrow we are heading out to Riverview so the girls can get together in the afternoon and play at Bobby and Jill's. Will close for now,LATER.

No comments: