Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Morning (Late)

Monday was much the usual with the early morning wake up around 5:30 by the feathered boys next door. I learned we have another house with chickens in the back yard as well as a peacock on the block. That bird has a loud voice and its quite shrill, anyhow after my usuals; green tea, quiet time and a lite breakfast of cereal I pedaled out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. Speaking of cereal for breakfast I'm trying a new almond milk instead of regular cows milk. Its supposed to be better for you causing no mucus in the gut which can lead to all kinds of stomach ailments. It does have a wonderful flavor. After pickle ball I made a quick stop at the library then headed home to work outside until it got to hot. The summer has arrived here in Florida; its hot, humid and very dry as well.

Amy and Sam came for lunch and she brought ham and cheese for roll ups along with some garden salad. My home grown salad bar is about to close down as the heat is taking its toll on my garden despite watering twice a day. Its been great while it lasted but I'm still getting beet greens, kale, peppers and lots of tomatoes and onions. The egg plants and collards as well as the bell peppers are still flourishing.

Nancy was called into the dentists office during the morning for a check on her tooth that just had a root canal. The temporary crown wasn't fitting properly so the doc had to make some adjustments especially before they put the final crown in place. After she got back from the dentist she could actually chew on that side of her mouth some what, oh well!!

After Amy and Sam left I chilled reading while Nancy headed to the rec for her workout on the treadmill, elliptical and the bike. She has moved her total workout up to nearly and hour plus the walk to the rec. We are both making a concerted effort to slim down a pound or so before the wedding in May. We both are trying a new supplement that is called glucose heath from Nutrilite which helps with the body's utilization of fats, proteins and carbs. We will see if there are any results on the spare tire.






I almost feel like a new parent as my white orchid is blooming. It is just beautiful and such a sweet smell as well. It only blooms every 9 months I'm told. The Confederate Jasmine is also blooming on the front porch and the back fence, wow what an awesome odor as well. Well we ate lite for supper with fried taters and onions, the last of the 1/2 runner green beans and a small garden salad. I headed out to hand water the gardens and back yard until nearly dark then we settled into a movie; Lincoln. Amy got it on Net Flicks and let us borrow it, so we finally watched a movie. That was the first one since we have been back from the cabin. I wasn't all that impressed with the story line as it missed the real story in the book Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly. Now I know why movies don't thrill me like a good book and I probably won't watch another one for some time. Hollywood and all its glamour is boring to me much like this Oscar nominee, LATER  

No comments: