Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Morning

Well Sunday was another beautiful day with just a slight rise in the temps maybe just a little more humidity, but not enough to make it uncomfortable. The morning started with our usual wake up by the feathered boys next door dueling with their early morning serenades. We were out of the sack around 6:30 as it was church day in Tampa at Element. Dan and Carole were picking us up around 9 for the 40-50 minute ride.

After our quiet time and a lite breakfast we got ready and headed out with them. The traffic was just unbelievable heavy for this time of the morning on a Sunday. Where is all these people going? We made it there in plenty of time and helped to greet at the door those who were arriving. We had a several seniors visit I had never seen before so Dan and I weren't the only aged ones for a change. This congregation is mostly young marrieds with their 2 to 3 kids and most under the age of 5. I think there were 40 some kids in the age group and several infants as well yesterday, awesome is all I can say as they definitely are the future church. Bobby had another good message on the Resurrection and the music was once again inspiring. We got to hug Annsley and Gabriel although we just saw them on Friday evening.

We headed out after the service to a restaurant near the Bayshore area of Tampa. What a neat eatery and it was definitely a yuppie place with gourmet pizza's, sandwiches, soups and entrees. We stood in line to order our food and drinks then it was brought to our table. I had a soup that had a very unique taste of some herb I've never tasted and the flat bread pizza was cover in sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, spinach and herbs. The food was light and tasty. I would go back there and eat if it were closer. We then toured an estate sale house which was in the hood. This place was huge with numerous rooms, grandiose chandeliers and opulence's untold of. Wow all this in an old neighbor with houses with an arms length of each other. We never purchased anything but if was an adventure just see what this house was like and how people lived with so much wealth.

We got back somewhere going on 3 o'clock and I tuned in to watch most of the Ray's game versus the Indians and they got slaughter with their Cy Young award pitcher on the mound. It was so embarrassing to watch so I cut it off. I feel for the fans who came out to support this team and they looked like a bunch of pickup players off the street in all areas. It was terrible and I'm sure after beating this team 2 in a row and not allowing a run they were slaughtered the last I checked 10-0. Awful!!!

I picked lettuces and cleaned them while Nancy made a huge salad for supper. I had purchased a loaf of light rye bread at the restaurant as they had their own bakery so we ate bread and salad and my was it ever tasty. After the cleanup I dug up a spaghetti squash and took it up to Dan's garden as he now has the gardening bug as well. His back yard is perfect for his raised bed. Already he had a small raised box but now he has enlarged it 5 fold. I came back and hand watered the garden. I almost forgot to mention our neighbor hen which is constantly getting into my yard and thus scratching out my garden, well she was once again in the garden first thing this morning. I picked her up and knocked on the door and the owner acknowledged she would do something about this situation as now its become an issue. I mention to clipping the wing feathers to thwart the hens ability to fly. Well I noticed she(hen) was in the cage when we left for church but was in the yard all afternoon. I noticed the hens feathers had been clipped  and that she never was in the yard again all evening, hopefully that had conquered the problem, LATER

No comments: