Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well Monday started out with warm temps and promise of rain but none developed and by mid-morning the clouds had moved on and the sun was brightly shining, and yes it started to heat up. After the early morning crow off between the roosters next door we or I rolled out of the sack to start the day. With my cup of hot green tea I did my few quiet moments then had a lite breakfast of oatmeal before riding out to the rec on my bike for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a large crowd with 3 courts going at once and still a few waiting to get on to play. I was bushed afterwards and then rode home after a quick stop at the library for a couple new reads.

I worked in the garden hand watering and harvesting. I took the neighbor 2 kinds of lettuces, egg plants and a hand full of peppers; she was delighted and found it unbelievable I could grow these kinds of veggies in my back yard. I then pulled sugar peas and tomato's and romaine for a Caesar salad for supper. Amy, GG and Sam came for lunch after Sam's dental appointment. He had 3 small cavities he had filled and Amy said he did wonderful and of course the dentist had plied him with stickers for his shirt and cheap toys. He actually fell asleep in the chair and they had to wake him up after the work was completed; how cool was that.

We had a lunch of chicken salad on a fresh bed of lettuce from the garden and afterwards they all headed out to sit under the big oak in the back yard while Sam played with the chickens. I opted for the spare room and read until it was time for a 10 minute power nap. After they all left to drop GG off and pickup Ava from school, Nancy and I both read for a couple hours before it was time to get ready and head over to GG's for supper. She had a meatloaf, egg noodles and peas and I brought a Caesar salad. The eatin' was fine once again and Amy and Tyler and the kids ate as well. We all headed out around 7:30 as we had to make a grocery stop on the way home.

Well the news was loaded about the bombing in Boston which probably was a domestic terrorist of some type. Cowards are what they are as they hurt innocents by remote control detonations of UED'S(unidentified explosives devices). The same type used by the terrorist in the Middle East and Afghanistan. I don't know why we house and coddle these animals once they are caught and proven to be guilty as they like to brag about their killing and destruction. Our leaders let them kill our embassy folks in Libya and now its being copycatted here in the U.S. The world is changing and I'm afraid it will never be the same as long as we have these in leadership in Washington and yet the media promotes their ineptitude.

Well enough of my "what I think the problem is" as I'm a firm believer in walking tall and carrying a big stick. We have let these who want to change the very nature of our land into something which has no regard for human life or love of our neighbor. I fear for what our generation will leave for my grand children, LATER

No comments: