Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday was much the usual as to the start of the day; roosters crowing, cup of green tea, quiet moments, lite breakfast and ride to the rec on the bike. All of this before 7:30. We had a good crowd of players today for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. Afterwards I headed home to work outside and to watch Sam while the girls headed to the mall for some shopping. Sam and I had a great time together and what an imagination this little feller has. I helped him with digging up some wild clover that loves my garden and he loves to feed it to the chickens next door through the chain link fence. We stayed outside for 2 hours until we both got hungry. I had to wash him off with the water hose before we headed it for lunch.

I fixed him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I had a salad. He now loves green lettuce, kale, cucumbers and remarks how it gives him power as he ate from my plate. After we ate we headed in to read books then he played cars and trucks until the girls got home. GG was with them as they took her shopping as well. They all stayed and had lunch until it was time to pick Ava up from school then headed out. Amy dropped GG off as Nancy headed for her workout at the rec. I read then got a phone call that house church was going to be at our house as the leaders were going out of town for the weekend.

I immediately set to vacuuming and straightening up the porches and helping to get the house ready for our meeting. When Nancy got back from the rec she received the news with some alarms as she is a neat freak but we managed to dust, clean floors and had supper out of the way early. Luckily we had leftovers from last nights supper so it was just heat and serve. I did the cleanup after supper while she baked brownies and got drinks ready for the folks to arrive. We had a new couple Patrick and Kathryn Tracy who has a daughter that attends Element yet they live not to far from us here in Pinellas County. They are a delightful couple and we all bonded quickly and we had Dianne our neighbor come as well.

We started around 7 and quickly got loss in discussions, personal experiences and prayer time until it was nearly 9 before breaking up. The Tracy's are lovers of fresh veggies so I pulled them a bag of collards and egg plants before they left in the dark. We thoroughly loved their warm and friendly attitudes and look forward to meeting again next week.

I did make contact with a childhood friend who when we were just around the ages of 3 and 4 spent a lot of time together. I was being raised by my grandmother and mother in a small house behind the Mountain Falls store and her folks were retired military who owned the biggest house in the area. Kit was a year and 3 days older than me and every day until I went to live with Paw Paw she and I played together when they came down from the Pittsburgh area. Eventually they moved to Mountain Falls full time sometime after I left there around the age of 4-5. Her folks who I knew quite well eventually hired me as a farm hand at times to work in the hayfield as I grew older. We even rode the school bus together for many years until I started driving. She and her brother were the Valedictorians of their respective classes so I'm talking about some major smarts here. Anyhow we hooked up yesterday on Face Book as she was a friend of a friend. She has home movies of the 2 of us together when we were young and best pals. I'm interested in seeing them and showing them to my family.

Well that was a great surprise of the day and that was about it, LATER

No comments: