Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was another hot day with bright sunshine and at least enough of a breeze to keep it bearable outside in the shade. It was well into the 90's for most of the afternoon and evening. The morning started with a wake up crow off around 5:30 but we managed to stay in for another hour or so as I wasn't heading to the rec for pickle ball. After my usual cup of green tea and my quiet time I had a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, banana and cinnamon to start the gastric juices. Amy was bringing Sam for me to watch while they went shopping around 9.

Sam wanted to watch a kids show so I read while he grazed on snacks as he gets hungry the moment his mom left with Nancy. He is so funny as he really gets hungry all of a sudden. Well we spoke on the phone with Paw Paw and he gets the biggest kick out of Sam telling him about the chickens. Well I ate a quick lite lunch as soon as the girls got back as I was heading to Clearwater for a pickle ball match against the guys from the Long Center. There were 4 of us playing against their 4 best players. Well Seminole Rec (us) won the match with the overall scores. The play was fast and furious with long rallies and some great play. Needless to say there were soaked shirts and we finished around 3:30. Keith my partner in the last tournament was the best of the all around scores as each of us had to play with the other three players. It was a fun time and the competition was fierce. This venue may give our Seminole players an extra place to play this summer as the pickle baller's are limited to just 2 days a week in the Seminole gym due to the summer camps.

I got home around 4 PM so it was hand water time for the gardens as they were dried out. I picked a large mess of Swiss chard and got it really to sauteed with fresh garlic and olive oil for supper. I also picked parsley for the new red spuds I dug last week from the potato peeling I planted in Nov. These red potato's were the creamiest ever and just so tasty. Nancy had 3 venison tenderloins(thanks to Andy Dalton) marinating in Italian dressing and ready to go the grill as well as a huge pot of 1/2 runner green beans and a fresh salad all from the garden. We felt like little house on the prairie with all this home grown eatin'.  Wow did we ever chow down with Amy, Tyler, GG and the kiddos. They even ate well for a change and to top the meal off (like we needed anything) GG made her famous red cake with white icing. Now I'm not usually a big fan of this cake but it was definitely the best one she ever baked 'cause it was moist and the icing was superb. I must confess we all had seconds on that as well. We sent the rest home with her as I know we would eat it later. The meal was everything from the garden and the woods; a real old time meal.

After the clean up we got into the Rays game and for a change they were hitting the ball against one of the better teams statistically in baseball; the Oakland Athletics. Well we creamed the ball all evening and had some great pitching as well and won finally 8-3. We were all deciding what card game to play but the next door neighbor who has a son Ava's age came over and they stayed for nearly an hour. So we sat around and watched the kids play, talking while GG and I dozed in between innings due to the good eatin'.

Well I haven't mention the awful bombing in Boston but our law enforcement folks finally sent one of the bad guys to his final resting and later captured the other one. It makes no sense to me how someone can have such little regard for innocent people. I know their ideological differences can be pronounced but take it out on those you differ with in a forthright debate or battlefield. The cowards who blow up innocents with IED'S are the lowest of the low and I'm thrilled this piece of scum with be locked up for the rest of his days. I think killing him is to easy and that he should never have a moment of freedom for the rest of his life, locked in solitary confinement, oh well that's just me and the way I think. I'm definitely pro the death penalty as that criminal will never have the chance to do another crime but this scum, especially as young as he is should be penalized in confinement forever. LATER 

No comments: