Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday was another busy day that started with the 5:30 crow off before my usual morning routine; cup of hot green tea, quiet time and lite breakfast before pedalling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of workout on the pickle ball court. We had a good crew of players today; thus lots of wet shirts. The temps were pleasant outside yet, so after heading home I worked in the back yard and garden. Once again harvesting tomatoes and then pulling up my green beans plants which were now dried up. I checked the bean plant roots and sure enough the nematodes had them looking arthritic in nature with severe knots; that explains the sudden dying of the plants. I turned that space over with a shovel and I will plant marigolds there in that space as I have several in bloom. They are a natural deterrent to the nasty root microscopic worms called nematodes.

Amy and Sam came for lunch so we had a nice garden salad while Sam had his "slamwich", he wants to be apart of everything and is so inquisitive. After lunch he climbed up on a chair to watch Nancy making cup cakes for Ava's birthday dinner today(Thursday) and of course he had to help decorate them as well. We headed outside while the girls cleanup to feed the chickens. I dug some clover and a few weeds for him to feed his flock and they follow him up and down that fence line like the piped piper. After they left to pick up Ava from school we turned into cleaning machines.

We were having house church tonight so I vacuumed and dusted then headed out to straighten out the back yard and sweep the porches while Nancy did the inside touch ups and make a delicious spinach dip. I grilled a couple marinated chicken breasts and along with baked spuds and fresh asparagus we ate healthy. Patrick and Kathryn brought a lemon pound cake which was utterly delicious as I like anything lemon and of course Nancy had extra chocolate cupcakes. I did try the pound cake and the dip but stayed away from the cupcakes. We had a total of 6 folks and we discussed the Charles Swindoll book on THE GRACE AWAKENING. It was close to 9:30 before we broke up after a 7 start. We really enjoy this new couple and I can see the start of a good friendship as well.

After all left we tided up and I got to see the last couple innings of the Rays defeating the Yanks 3-0. I then tuned into my favorite reality show Duck Dynasty as it was an hour special and the whole family went to Hawaii for a vacation. It was hilarious and this family reminds of the old show Beverly Hillbillies. Great family entertainment. Well it was lights out for me at 11, LATER

No comments: