Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well it was another gorgeous day here in sunny Florida with temp's nearing the 80 mark. A gentle breeze kept it nice despite the rising humidity. I started the day out the usual with an early wake up by the roosters next door then after my quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. We had a nice crowd today but three of our winter visitors have returned to the land of snow and ice, yuck for them.

After the rec I stopped off for a new read at the library then headed home to water the gardens. I picked more green beans, tomatoes and lettuces. Amy and the kiddos were coming for lunch so while Nancy was at the rec at made a guacamole dip, yeow was that ever delicious. We had that with some ham in lettuce roll ups and except for the chips and the dip very few carbs. Nancy and Amy headed over to GG's after lunch as the carpet man was coming and she wanted them to help her with the decision. The carpet man is an old friend of ours whose kids went to school with Bobby and Amy; as a matter of fact his daughter was on our coaches pitch team that I helped coach. Needless to say we got the family discount for GG.

I watched Ava and Sam and of course the chickens babysat them as they are just taken back by these hens. They are constantly looking for clover in my garden to feed them through the fence, so I caught up on some reading out under the oak in the back yard. It was a perfect day for being outside and of course I had to wash them off with the garden hose as they were black. After they left around 4 we read until it was time to start supper. We made fajitas out of the left over grilled chicken breasts along with peppers and onions from the garden and fresh cilantro on top with the sour cream, yeow were they ever good along with fresh asparagus.

 After the cleanup I headed out to hand water the front yard as its a dust bowl. The grass, what little there is of it is brown and dried out; we need rain. There is a watering ban on for sprinklers but one can water by hand. I headed in around 7 PM to catch Fox News and eventually wound up watching the baseball game of the Braves vs Phillies. Atlanta is off to a good start and the Ray's have their opening game tonight in St.Pete. I'm off to Clearwater for a pickle ball tournament this morning with my partner Keith. Last time we won together but I hear the competition is fierce there with lots more teams to compete against, LATER

No comments: