Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was a warm one to start with and the humidity has arrived to stay for the next several months. It was 76 at 6:30 and the skies were dark with rain clouds and looked like severe weather was about to happen at any moment. The rain held off and we only had a sprinkle somewhere around the early afternoon. I headed out to the rec on my bike after my quiet time and a breakfast of left over banana bread from house church last night.


We had a small crowd to start with but enough players to keep one court plus a few players waiting to get on most of the morning. It was a good workout and I was kind of glad it was Friday as I'm back to 2 plus hours of pickle ball daily. I stopped off at the library for a couple new reads on the way home as I really like the authors Tess Gerritsen and John Hart and there were 2 books waiting for me for the week end. I briefly hand watered the gardens as it was spitting rain but that never amounted to much so I picked lettuces and clean that and made a huge garden fresh salad. The heat is taking its toll on the black seeded Simpson as well as the iceberg and bib lettuces. The romaine and red leaf is still looking good but not for long. I'm picking tomato's like crazy and the new plants I started from seed have set fruit as well. So its looking like I should have 'maters up until we leave for the mountains. The sugar peas are just going crazy as well is the egg plants. The green beans are slowing down but the onion sets that are supposed to make sweet onions are starting to head up as well. I had to throw the cauliflower away due to being too bitter. I waited a day or so too long to cut it, oh well. They take up too much room in the garden anyway. The bell peppers are best I've ever grown here and its because of the Epsom salts I sprinkle around the plants every couple of weeks. I picked 5 and only because they have caused the plants to kneel over due to their weight.

Well we had Amy, Sam and GG for lunch and afterwards Sam played out in the yard with the chickens and once again in the dirt. He was a muddy buddy and had to be washed off with the hose before they got ready to head out to pick up Ava from school. We had a quiet evening at home for a change so we read and played around on the computer. We had tater tots, spinach and a pan fried Salmon fillet for supper, yeow delicious. After the clean up we tuned into Fox News and then finally I headed in to the other T.V. to watch Yukon Man as the Ray's baseball game was postponed due to rain and then the scenes behind the Deadliest Catch, interesting. It was time to get back into a memoir titled CHANEL BONFIRE by Wendy Lawless. Well the storms that were all around us seems to have past on by, thankfully. Bobby and Annsley were out camping with their house church somewhere in Hillsborough County so it was good the rain held off, LATER

No comments: