Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well after Tuesday mornings start where a computer glitch left me dumb founded with what to do I finally figured out how to once more get back on line. Anyhow being IT challenged I was able to once more share some thoughts and happenings. I will have to check with son in law Tyler the next time he is around to spot check my laptop for any more glitches. The morning started out with the feathered boys next door dueling once again around 5:30. I did the usual green tea, a few quiet moments then a lite breakfast before pedaling out to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had 2 courts going and the play was fast which resulted in soaked tee shirts.

I made a stop at the library on the way home for a couple new reads one of which is about Charles Lindbergh and his wife Anne Morrow titled THE AVIATOR'S WIFE. It's written from her perspective and while its a novel I think its based on some actual memoirs and factual occurrences. Anyhow its a good read but becomes a chick book at times.

I watered a little when I got home as we had some rain during the night. Our county received very little rain but the surrounding areas had 1-2 inches according to the weatherman. It was supposed to be a wet day but turned to be just the opposite. I once more watered after supper as I now have some new tomato seedlings breaking ground. I will hopefully take these to the summer garden in the mountains. Speaking of the mountains we will head out in about 34 days if all goes to plan. I picked some green peppers, the last of the sugar peas and a fresh onion for a stir fry that included fresh mushroom for supper to accompany a grilled bone-in pork chop. Yeow, was that ever delicious eatin'.

Amy and Sam picked up GG and brought her for a lunch of salad with fresh fried bacon and hard boiled eggs. Afterwards they headed outside in the back yard to watch Sam interact with the hens. He loves to feed them stuff from the garden and watch them while they eat. Every time the back door now opens they come running to the fence looking for a handout and the one hen now flies over the fence looking for Sam. She needs to have her wings clipped as well. The one that was clipped a couple weeks ago is no longer able to get over the fence.

Well I tuned into the Rays vs the Royals game and we led to start the game but the score quickly changed after several innings when their bats came alive and ours shut down. What made it interesting was our ace starter last year was the pitcher for the Royals whom we traded. I don't know about some practices that goes on in baseball but that was a dumb move to my way of thinking as this guy was one of the best in baseball. LATER

No comments: