Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Morning

Saturday morning was once again very unusual temperature wise with 60's for the month of May. I can't remember when it was this cool for this time of the year but we love it. Reminds us of the summer morning temps at the cabin. Speaking of the cabin we hopefully will be there in about a month. The roosters started the day off once again around 5:30 with their dueling crows. We managed to tune them out until nearly 7 before rolling out. After our quiet times we fried up a couple leftover baked potatoes with the skins on, a couple pieces of leftover ham lunch meat then had a couple cackle berries(eggs) to start the day.

We decided to make a Sam's Club run for fresh salmon and a few other goodies as well as gas up at $3.25 a gallon. That's the lowest I've seen in quite awhile, hopefully it will hold at that price as we head to the mountains. It takes me about 35-40 gallons to make that haul up to the mountains; of course the truck is loaded down with all kinds of clothes Nancy never wears but we must have it just in case. I never understood why women have to pack so much stuff, oh well! We stopped off at GG's on the way home then took her to Publix before we headed on back to the house.

We ate a lite lunch then I headed out to work in the garden. I pulled up my tomato plants that I planted last Nov. and the roots were free of nematodes, which tells me the marigolds I planted next to them actually worked. I'm thrilled and now next year I must plants marigolds in my row of beans as their roots looked like an arthritic limb, yeow where they ever knobby and bumpy. Amy and the family came over for a short visit as Tyler needed some stakes for his garden. Sam and Ava played with the chickens feeding them some old lettuce I had pulled up.

Well it was Kentucky Derby Day and Nancy spent the afternoon glued to all the pre-race hoopla on the T.V. We were having Dan and Carole for a supper of grilled salmon, broccoli fixed with mushrooms and Carol brought a spinach salad. We skipped dessert as all of us need to drop a few pounds. After eating we sat around and picked who we thought would finish in the top 4 slots and I picked 2 of the 4 horses while others only managed to get 1 horse and one of us picked none. We then played around of golf and Carol was the winner of that card game despite not picking any horses in the derby.

Well after they left we watched the Rays get blown out again after being ahead of the Rockies. I have a feeling it's going to be a long year despite Sports Illustrated picking the Ray's to win it all, Oh well! Today(Sunday) is worship day in Tampa at Element Church where son Bobby is the pastor, LATER

No comments: