Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday turned out to be one of the wettest days we've had in a long time. It rained during the night and was cloudy with rain clouds all around but when I started the day with the roosters crowing around 5:30 but it was rain free. After a cup of green tea, my quiet time and a lite breakfast of oatmeal I pedaled out to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. The moisture was in the air but not falling and I was surprised to see 2 roofers across the street start to rip off a house roof; I felt it was going to rain sometime today but they were going at it.

We had a decent turnout with 2 courts going most of the morning and once more the wet shirts were evident of a good workout. I stopped off at the library on the way home and then noticed a lady walking a dobbie puppy in the neighborhood. The pup was adorable at 15 weeks and I stopped and was allowed to pet her with her floppy ears. She was typical Doberman with her black and tan coloring. We had 3 of them over the years and at times I do miss having a dog but not anytime soon, oh well!!

I headed out into the garden and picked some lettuce that perked up as well as some kale and beet greens for a salad. Nancy was getting ready to head out for her workout when the moisture started falling from the sky and didn't let up until sometime during the night. It rained heavy at times with torrential down pours and then just sprinkled lightly that made for a good soaking rain. My yard drank it in as well as did the gardens. It's supposed to be like this the rest of the week. Hopefully some typical rain shower everyday Florida weather; not only cooling the temps down but greening up the grass and what's left veggies in the garden

It was just Nancy and I for lunch for a change so Nancy made a cheesecake for house church on Thursday when she came back from the rec while I caught up on some computer work. After a lunch of salad I retreated to the reading room to listen to the rain and finish a book about Lindbergh, titled THE AVIATOR'S WIFE, it's an historical novel and well written as well.

We were heading to GG's for supper along with the Ross family. GG made chicken enchiladas and Nancy made a pot of black beans and rice to go along with a fresh salad and for dessert GG made some vanilla goop and Nancy brought some fresh strawberries, yeow some fine eatin'. After the clean we headed out just before 8 to catch the Idol for Nancy and the Ray's game for me. Once more the Ray's were ahead by 6 runs with good pitching when all of a sudden they were down by 3 runs. This Royal team is on fire and remind me of the year the Ray's went to the world series; never say die or give up and they are showing that on the field. LATER

No comments: