Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well summer is back with us with morning temps in the 70's with 96% humidity and the highs in the low 90's, yikes I'm ready for the cool mountain temps. Friday started with the usual 5'ish crow off between the feathered boys next door. I rolled out to start the day a little after 6 then had my cup of green tea with a little cinnamon, did my usual quiet time and then had a lite breakfast of oatmeal and a banana with almond milk. Now I really like the taste of that milk and its supposed to be healthier for you. I headed out to the rec on my bike for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball.

 We had large enough crew for 2 courts and the play was fast and furious at times with long rallies. Afterwards I headed into the weight room for another 20 minutes on the elliptical then some heavy weights before riding home. I'm down nearly another pound with about 3 more to go for my goal. I can tell some difference with the spare tire and the weights are causing me to feel the tummy muscles tightening up.

Nancy watched Sam most of the morning while Amy attended a mother's day program at Ava's school then she took off when I got home for her hair appointment. It was time to cover up all the gray she says I caused her and then a stop at Sam's Club for some goodies for the Sunday family get together. I worked in the yard and gardens while she was gone then had a lite lunch after mowing up the little bit of grass that is still alive. We sure could use some more rain as I had to set the sprinkler on the front yard after dark. I spent the rest of the afternoon out of the heat reading. It's not to bad in the shade  as there is a breeze but the humidity has gone way up.

Amy and Tyler had a date night so we watched  Ava and Sam. I grilled some chicken legs and Nancy fixed them egg noodles, cooked carrots and we had a salad. Ava loves tomatoes and Sam loves fresh kale. They both seem to be eating much better. After the clean up we took a long walk around the hood then came back to the house around 7:30. They played then after their baths I popped them some old fashion popcorn and they watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch by the time Amy and Tyler came to pick them up  around 10. Nancy and I already had our showers by then some we were whipped and it wasn't long afterwards we hit the sack. I'm sure glad we had kids at an early age 'cause they plum wear us out now. I managed to sneak in a few innings of the Ray's game while reading a book to Sam. They won against a good Padres team, LATER

No comments: