Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Morning

Thursday was a little bit warmer and the humidity crept back in to the atmosphere so the a/c went back on. It was still nice in the morning with temps in the 60's and a breeze. The morning started about the same time with a rooster wake up around 5'ish then my usual activities; a cup of green tea with cinnamon, a few quiet moments, a lite breakfast of strawberries and oatmeal before pedaling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of workout on the pickle ball court. We had a small crew with just 5 players for the first 45 minutes then a few wondered in and we managed to have some good play until 10 AM. Afterwards I headed into the weight room for some additional exercise on the elliptical and heavy weights. I have lost 3-4 pounds and I'm within that many for my goal of 180. After the workout I stopped off for a couple new reads from the library.

I hand watered the garden while Nancy was at the rec doing her workout then headed in to catch up on some computer time. Nancy was taking her mom and Amy out to lunch as I stayed home and watched Sam. She wanted me to back the truck out of the garage for her as she got ready to leave and for some reason I had something on my mind that caused me to have a mental lapse. The truck barely fits into the garage with just inches to spare on the mirror sides and I scrapped the right side mirror. Luckily it didn't break and caused only minor damage to the frame but still to me its noticeable. Last year Nancy took that whole mirror off as she backed out and I had to replace the thing, oh well. I know how she felt.

Sam and I had a lite lunch then he wanted to watch a movie so while he watched Tangled I read until Amy got back from the restaurant. Amy took Sam out to the back yard to play with the chickens. Nancy had to drive her mother(GG) to the dentist then later picked her up and took her home. I spent the afternoon in the a/c reading and finished the book 102 MINUTES. Wow what terror occurred in those twin towers and while it was mentioned about people jumping out from 1300 feet up it happened more than we were lead to believe as the smoke and fire was present and people were gasping for air. The book is based on phone calls and e-mails sent from those within as well as those who survived with lots of history from the 1993 attempt to blow the buildings.

Well I grilled a couple marinated chicken breasts and we put that over a fresh salad with some onions, kale, beet greens, peppers, tomato's and basil still from my garden but the lettuces are gone as well as the sugar peas. After the cleanup we headed out on a walk around the hood for about an hour. We came back and watched the Fox News channel until Idol started and then I headed into the bedroom to watch the Ray's win in extra innings over the Blue Jay's. It was lights out at 11 for me, LATER

No comments: