Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday was another hot one with the early morning temp's in the 70's. I spoke with out "mountain mom" and she said it got up into the 70's for a high on such a beautiful day in the mountains. I reached the middle 90's by the afternoon with a stiff breeze which made it to hot to do much of anything outside until after supper when if finally cooled down a little. I did manage to pull some weeds and spread some of the bagged leaves I had collected and stored for ground cover on my Florida garden; plus the leaves give food for my earth worms and help keep some moisture in the ground for them as well.

After an early start with a wake up around 5'ish by the feathered fowl I did my usual routine with a cup of green tea, a few quiet moments after making this post and then a lite breakfast of a smoothie with fresh fruit and almond milk before riding out to the rec on my bike. I got in nearly 3 good hours of workout on the pickle ball court and then in the weight room. Despite all of the family dinners and Nancy's good cooking I haven't added to the spare tire and I'm feeling much stronger especially in the arms and shoulder areas. The tendinitis in the elbows have really gotten a lot better but I still feel twitches of it from time to time.

I headed home after the workout to hand water what's left of the garden. I picked about 40-50 small tomatoes as they range in size from golf ball to a egg shape in size and quite tasty. The seedlings are getting so large I may have to top them again just to get them in the truck. The Zinnias now have 4-5 leaves and looks like they will survive to make it for the transplant at the cabin. The beets have gotten so big I'm wondering if they will make the transplant; if not I will eat them. Most of the seedlings have become root bound in the pots and need to be set out soon.

Amy and Sam came for lunch and we watched him while Amy ran some errands. The Ross family is leaving the day after we leave for the mountains for Kansas. They will be gone for a couple weeks as Tyler's younger sister, Kelsey is getting married. Tyler will drive straight through leaving in the early evening which lets the kids sleep through the night. That makes it easier on the little ones when asking "when will we be there". I remember those days and I did the same thing except most of our trips were around 18 hours straight whereas his trip is 25 plus hours, yikes. They have to be careful as well with the severe weather that is in that part of Kansas and the mid-west.

We cleaned up the last of the ribs and Nancy sautéed the last of the yellow squash with some onion for supper. Seems we have been invited out for supper 3 nights this coming week end. We are slowly but surely getting the Florida house ready to leave for an extended period. I've pretty much got the outside yard and gardens ready to leave and our once neighbor Jim who has a lawn service on the side from his firefighter job will mow ours when he comes to mow his house that he rents out. Nancy is packing up her necessities which I think we don't need so much of but it's like her security blankets, oh well. The truck will be loaded down once again as we head to higher ground. I've called all of our utilities to put them vacation here in Florida and reinstalled the ones at the cabin as well as a change of address, yikes so much to do.

I watched the last few innings of the Ray's vs marlins in Miami and we won again for the third straight game, LATER   

No comments: