Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well this week is just moving along at a rapid pace as I started the day around a 5'ish wake up by the feathered duel from the roosters next door. It was 59 this morning which is unheard of for May in Florida and it stayed pleasant all day. We kept the windows and doors open until it was time for bed. The morning start was much the usual with the cup of green tea and a little cinnamon, my quiet time then a lite breakfast before riding out on my bike to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. The weight room was closed so I missed that portion of my workout but will pick it back up on Wednesday.

We had a small group of 6 players for the day which made for some great play for most of the morning. We are pretty evenly matched so we had some great rallies and of course a few wet shirts. After the workout I stopped off at the library for a couple reads before pedaling home to do some garden work. Once again we could use some rain as the grass and the gardens are drying up. I'm harvesting my sweet onions as the green tops are starting die but the bulb is as sweet as an apple. I will definitely be planting these from now on in both gardens.

Amy and Sam picked up GG and came for a lunch of salad and we finished the last of the leftovers. Amy's potato casserole seemed to have gotten more tastier as it aged and I was sorry to see it end. I'm always complaining that we prepare too much food but this was one time I really sad to see the empty containers. After lunch the gals all sat in the back yard in the sun as the cool breeze was evident in the shade. I headed for the reading room and chilled for a couple hours then Nancy took GG home after a stop at the market.

I grilled a couple hamburger patties along with some fresh green pepper and mushrooms on skewers for supper as we tried to eat lite after that large lunch of leftovers and salad. After the cleanup we took off on a nice hike through the hood and Nancy had on a long sleeve shirt. I thought it was just perfect. We came back to watch Fox News and then I switched to the Ray's game against Boston. We prevailed again and that's 5 in a row with a 5-3 win. We just need the Yanks and Orioles to start losing so we can get back in the divisional race. Well we have about 20 days until we head for the mountains and are so looking forward to once again renew old friendships and get our mountain cabin perked up, LATER

No comments: