Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Tuesday started out once again with temps in the low 60's, what's with that? We love it here on the normally hot and humid Sun Coast for the month of May. I know its coming but maybe those days will wait another couple of weeks. The mountains are getting their share of cold wet weather as its been raining non stop for several days. That rain is wonderful as we usually have some really dry spells during the summer. Oh well!

The morning started out with fellers next door crowing around 5:30; I have no idea why they start so early as its pitch black at that time of the morning. After the usual cup of tea, my quiet moments to reflect and give thanks then a lite breakfast before pedaling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. After that workout I headed into the weight room where I did an extra workout on the elliptical and the heavy weights. I did that for about 30 minutes then headed to the library for a new read. I picked up a book title 102 MINUTES. It's about the fight to survive inside the twin towers on 9-11. Looks very interesting and I can't wait to start it.

Amy and Sam picked up GG and they all came for lunch. They had salad and I finished up some leftovers then we all went out in the yard. It was such a nice day with no humidity that the girls had sweat shirts on in the shade. Once again we have the a/c off and the windows open. I read most of the afternoon until it was time to start supper. I picked 4 egg plants and peeled them then coated them with rice bran oil, Rosemary and garlic then grilled them along with a couple Swaii fillets while Nancy had fresh asparagus steaming on the stove. It was such a healthy lite supper we decided to take an extra long hike after the clean up. While grilled egg plant was tasty its so much better fried which is not as healthy and while the Swaii fish is healthy on the grill its so much tastier fried as well.

After the long hike it was going on 8 PM so we headed in to watch a little of FOX News before I headed for the other T.V. and Ray's baseball. Once again they lost a lead in the later innings and fell to the Jays, Oh well it is going to be a long season for them as they are out of contention in their division, LATER

No comments: