Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday started out with temps down into the 50's which is unheard of for several decades for this time of the year in Florida, wow was it ever nice but it did warm up into the high 70's by late afternoon. The nice breeze kept it very pleasant as we were able to once more keep the windows open. The morning started with the crowing next door around 5'ish; I wish I knew what triggered them roosters to crowing so early. Well after my cup of green tea with a little cinnamon, an a few quiet moments I ate the last of the cereal before getting ready to head out on my bike for the rec.

We had a small crew of 3 pickle baller's to start with but did manage to get a fourth and then a couple more came later but I did get in a good 2 hours of play. Afterwards I headed into the weight room for another 30 minute workout on the elliptical and finally the heavy weights. I was able to get a wet shirt by the time I left there. Nancy joined me for her workout as I was about to leave, then I stopped off at the library on the way home.

I hand watered the gardens until Nancy got home then she took off to the mall with her mother to look for a tie to match my orange shirt I'm wearing to the wedding next week end. Wow is that ever a beautiful shirt and the tie she picked out looks great as well. I read while she was gone and finished some leftovers for lunch as we had no company. It sure was quiet around here at lunch time and the book 102 Minutes is an awesome read. I picked a mess of collards for myself for supper and gave the neighbor gals a mess as well. Wow were they ever delicious as I cut up a whole onion as well as a couple slices of hickory smoked bacon to season the pot. I had them slow cooking for about 6 hours and they just melted in your mouth.

We had GG coming for supper as Amy dropped her off on the way to pick up Ava who came for a visit while Sam had a dental appointment. I grilled cubed venison steaks and Nancy had oven taters rolled in olive oil and coasted with rosemary and parsley. We licked the pots and platters clean. After the clean up we visited with GG then Nancy drove her home while I tuned into Fox News and the Ray's game. The Ray's finally won big10-4. Well the big news is how the administration left 4 Americans to fend for themselves against the radical Islamists in Libya and then tried to cover it up; Jodi Arias was finally convicted of the death of her boyfriend and then the gals who were rescued from a house in Cleveland who had been kidnapped for years. We have some sick people in this world I'm sorry to say. Oh well!

We are about 3 weeks or so from heading out to the cabin and our days are filling up fast; Mothers Day this Sunday with a large family supper after a Saturday night supper at son Bobby and Jill house because we did so well last month with our Amway sales. Thanks to all who made this possible but really the Nutrilite products sell themselves with their quality. We have great team leaders who are so generous by offering all the  monthly bogo's they pay for out of their pockets. I must say Chris and Melody are awesome leaders and CHRIST followers as well. Then next week end its to Miami for 3 days and 2 nights for the big wedding of niece Arianne to Errol, plus it will be a big reunion with Nancy's brother Eric and many of his 11 children who are traveling down from different parts of the country. This should be a fun time as its been years since we have all been together. After that we have Amy's birthday celebration then Ava 's graduation from kindergarten. Then it's leaving the next day or so for the cabin and packing the truck. We will be busy but we are so looking forward to the quietness of the mountains and of course all of our friends and family there. Its been over 6 months and we always are concerned about the condition of the unattended cabin. Luckily we have great neighbors there who when they are in town keep an eye on the place, LATER

No comments: