Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday was another typical summer day for the sunshine state; hot, humid and no rain in our area. The morning started rather early for me as I'm getting keyed up about our move to the cabin. It seems after about 4-5 hours of sleep I wake up and then just toss and turn until the roosters start crowing around 5'ish. After that it's look at the clock until around 6 then I'm up for the day, oh well. This happens every year the last few days as we get closer to leaving for the mountains.

After my cup of tea and a few quiet moments I had a lite breakfast of fresh fruit and almond milk blended into a smoothie before heading out to the rec for some 3 hours. We had a small group of pickle ball players but was able to get in a good workout before heading over to workout on the elliptical and then some heavy weights. Yeow that really warmed up the muscles and my shirt was dripping when I left for home.

I hand watered the gardens which is just about finished except for the plants I'm hoping will survive until I can get them in the ground at the cabin. It is just so hot now that even 2 watering a day are barely enough to keep the plants alive. The summer is upon us in a big way and I'm ready for cool weather. Amy and Sam picked up GG and they came for lunch and afterwards Nancy took GG shopping and then home. I spent the biggest part of the afternoon in the reading room and watching the Ray's game as its just too hot to work outside. After a supper of Italian bean soup I ventured out to hand water just before dark. I did get to watch the Ray's lose another game in extra innings to the Jay's. We have no bull pen pitchers or closers as we were ahead in the 9th inning, oh well. The Yankees come to town on Friday, LATER

No comments: