Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday Morning

Wednesday turned out to be another beautiful day with early morning temps at nearly 60 degrees with lots of bright sunshine and less humidity; however by the end of the day everything changed and the a/c is once more back on.The day started much the normal with the roosters crowing at 5 'ish in the morning so I rolled out around 6 :15. I did my usual cup of tea, a few quiet moments and then I blended up some frozen strawberries, black berries and a banana with some almond milk for my breakfast. Yeow was that ever tasty for a breakfast; it was so good I think I will do that for awhile to use up some of these berries I have in the freezer. I headed out on my bike to the rec for some nearly 3 hours of workout; 2 + on the pickle ball court and then another 1/2 hour in the weight room before heading to the library.

Nancy was at the dentist for another major appointment of replacing several filings that didn't take to the whitening and then to repair several other teeth. Once again I need a second mortgage to pay the bill but the dentist seems to know what he is doing and she is thoroughly pleased. He has made a difference in the discomfort for her when she chews so that's a plus. She got home around 12:30 and we had a lunch of salad with just the two of us as we missed Amy, Sam and GG. GG was coming later for supper.

I headed into the reading room for a couple hours while Nancy baked a ton of cookies to take with us to the wedding in Miami on Saturday. I chilled until it was time to head over and pick up GG then I cut Swiss Chard and got it ready to sautéed with fresh garlic and rice bran oil, then I grilled some pork chops and chicken legs to go along with some parsley taters for supper. It was rather tasty especially the Swiss chard and we licked the pot clean. I headed out to hand water the garden after the clean up then Betsy came by for some cookies and then dropped GG off on her way home. We settled into the Fox news channel until Idol came on for Nancy as well as the Ray's game for me. The Ray's game was a bust with our star pitcher out with some type of injury in the 3rd inning as well as down 4 runs.

Well it seems once again our leaders in D.C. is stinking up the country with 3 scandals that are going on all at once; the Libya fiasco, the IRS as well as the Associated Press wire taps. I had a bad feeling about this administration from the get go and hopefully we can repair what this bunch has tried to destroy; and that is our Constitution rights, our liberty and safety from both foreign and domestic enemies as well as our financial stability. I think we should clean house in D.C., have term limits and all of our leaders should have to obey by the same laws and regulations we have to. No more special laws just for them, LATER    

No comments: