Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well the count down is on with just 13 days until we head out for the cabin. I can hardly sleep at night due to the anticipation; I've planted my garden, mowed the grass and weeded the flower beds all while in bed. Wouldn't that be nice if you really could do all of those things while in a horizontal position with your eyes closed, oh well.

The morning started on Tuesday with the routine wake up around 5' ish by the feathered boys next door then my cup of tea and a few quiet moments before a smoothie made with strawberries, red raspberries and an apple with some almond milk and cinnamon, yeow was that ever tasty and healthy. I then headed out to the rec for some nearly 3 hours of workout. We had a small group of 6 players for pickle ball which meant there was very little down time and then afterwards I headed into the weight room for some extra treadmill time on the incline. I have to get ready for those stairs and the mountain hikes. I did several sets of heavy weights trying to build those arms and chest areas. Wow is it ever tough to work yourself back into shape especially since I've had tendinitis in both of my elbows most of the past 6 months.

After the workout I headed home to water what is left in the garden. The 1/2 runner bean seeds are sprouting so I will be able to put them in the ground once we get to the cabin and the tomato seedling are setting fruit. I will have plenty of marigolds and 4 geraniums plants that I started from cuttings from last years plants I will bring back for the porches. The Swiss chard is history as the heat has taken over despite watering it twice a day. I cut enough for supper to go along with fried fish and rice. The heat has caused the chard to be just a bit bitter so I pulled out the plants after supper.

Well that's about it for Tuesday as I tuned into the news as watched where the recovery is still going on with the devastation from the killer tornadoes in Oklahoma, wow what a storm. I did managed to watch the Ray's beat the Jays barely after being ahead by 3 runs in the late innings and nearly blew another game, LATER

No comments: