Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Morning

Well Thursday turned out to be another hot, humid and breezy day which is typical for Florida this time of  the year. The morning started much the usual with roosters crowing around 5'ish. I managed to roll over until 6 when I finally decided to start the day with a cup of tea, my quiet moments after posting this babble and a lite breakfast before riding out to the rec for some 3 hours of workout. We had a small group of pickle ball players so that left very little down time in the 2 plus hours of play. The wet shirts were evident on all of us and afterwards I headed into the weight room for another 30 minutes of treadmill with an incline and some heavy weights. Nancy was also doing her regiment on the treadmill and bicycle.

I headed home after by-passing the library which is one of my favorite places. I do have a book that's waiting for me and it should in my down time keep me busy until Monday. I had to cancel several books I had on order but I have access to the library in Sparta so I will use that some this summer. I read some great books this past 7 months and along with pickle ball reading is one of my favorite pastimes activities.

The garden is so dry despite the daily watering's and the grass is starting to crinkle under your feet when you walk on it. We are in a watering ban to just once a week for the yards but no limit on the gardens but still it's drying up as well. I pulled a mess of collards and gave them to the gals next door then took the plants out as they are getting huge. I'm still getting some peppers but they have been attacked by nematodes so they are about gone as well. The tomatoes are really producing and I picked about 50 or so today; of course these aren't the large variety but they are great for salads. I'm hoping they will make it to the N.C. garden as several of my seedlings are bearing fruit. We will see if they make it as I still have them in pots.

It was just Nancy and I for lunch for a change and it really was quiet around here without Amy, Sam and GG. We had a huge salad topped with some leftover chicken and ham which made for a great chef's salad. Afterwards Nancy ran errands with her mom and I read and caught up on some little things. The days are busy and we are excited about making the trip back to the cabin after 7 months of being away. It's hard to believe it's been that long since we were last there. It was cold and freezing when we left last November for warm sunny Florida and that helped with being away from our place and our friends who we know and love and now we are leaving this hot place and heading for some cool mornings with lush vegetation everywhere. It will be good to renew old friendships, to walk in the woods and share stories and food together.

Nancy made a pasta dish of sautéed garlic and butter with shrimp and mushrooms and spinach over a bed of Penna for supper, yeow was that ever delicious. I settled into the Fox News, O'Reilley and then the Ray's game of which they beat the Marlins for the 4th straight game. What's going on as they are starting to play well and I'm leaving the area. I will have to watch the games on the Internet but that's not quite the same, LATER    

No comments: