Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday Morning

Well Friday was a busy day that started early for me as I awakened around 5'ish with the roosters crowing right after I finished planting the garden, mowing and a few other chores in my state of semi-consciousness. It's getting difficult to get a full nights sleep due to the anticipation of traveling to the cabin and with all the chores that must be fulfilled here in Seminole before leaving. I'm like an excited kid getting ready to go fishing, oh well. I headed out to the rec for some couple hours of pickle ball after a few quiet moments and a lite breakfast. I dropped the truck off at neighbor Dan's so he could replace the rear brake pads and picked up his car in exchange. I had a meeting at the VA center about trying to update or correct my DD 214 on my way to pick up my truck at Dan's shop which is just across the way from the VA center.

I got home just before noon and we ate some leftover Italian bean soup after Amy and Sam came for lunch. We had a good visit and I caught up on some paperwork then read for a couple hours after hand watering the gardens. It is in the 90's and just too hot to work outside for very long. After Amy and Sam left we got the house ready for the gang that was coming for supper as we celebrated Amy birthday with a family supper. Bob and family couldn't make it due to prior commitments. I vacuumed while Nancy did the rest of the house and the spaghetti sauce aroma filled the house with this awesome smell, yeow was that ever mouth watering. Nancy headed out about 5 to pick up GG who made a salad to go along with the spaghetti and chocolate cake with white icing. I even broke down and had a piece of that cake as its the very best to all of our tastes.

We had a house full as Betsy came as well and its looks like we will do it all over again on Monday as I'm smoking some ribs as we commemorate Memorial Day. Bob and the family are coming as well. It was a fun filled evening as the kids were full of energy and they plumb wore me out. After their baths it was after 9 so every one headed out and I headed for the shower. It wasn't long before I could barely keep my eyes open due to the early start. I did manage to watch some of the Yankee's slaughter the Ray's pitching staff, at one time it was 9-0. Yikes it's going to be a long season for them. Maybe I won't miss them so much knowing how bad they play at times while in the mountains. All I have to do is read the box scores and be spared from watching their poor play.

I spoke with Paw Paw in Winchester and he said it was in the 50's and that he wore a coat while mowing the yard. I wish we could send some of this heat up there in exchange for some of their cool air, yikes wearing a coat near the first of June, LATER

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog