Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well Monday was such a change in ambient air that I have to mention the cool front that came through in the late afternoon and early evening hours, wow what a difference as the humidity left and the temps dropped rapidly. We even opened the doors and windows for a couple hours before bedtime last night.

Monday morning started much the usual with a 5'ish wake up by the dueling roosters next door. I rolled out a little after 6 to have my cup of hot green tea with a little cinnamon. I read where several folks are doing the hot honey drink with cinnamon for weight loss so I thought I would give my boring green tea some jazz and it maybe will help with some weight loss as well. Time will time but I really like the difference the cinnamon makes in my tea. After my quiet time and bowl of oatmeal I pedaled out to the rec for 3 hours of pickle ball and weight room workout. We had a good crew today which kept the play fast and continuous and then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and a good regiment on the heavy weights with hopes of getting my arms and shoulders back in shape. When I left my shirt was dripping.

Nancy was on her way up to the rec as I left so we passed each other on the way. She spied an injured bird which we later came back to see if maybe it had string around its legs; but the bird as about dead from some kind of trauma. I stopped off to see if any books I had on order were in, then I headed home to work in the gardens. I pulled weeds and moved some seedlings up into bigger pots as I get ready to move them to the mountains in just 3 weeks. The new tomato's are coming on albeit they are the small ones as picked a couple to put in the window sill for further ripening. The sweet onions are just beautiful as the green tops are starting to die and the size of them are like tennis balls. They are very sweet.

Amy and Sam came for lunch and I ate leftovers from the week end. It was still pretty hot outside as the front hadn't reached us yet so Sam played in the house for change and I read until it was supper time. After a supper of leftovers we headed out for a walk and what a big difference in the temp's as the humidity left and it felt 10-15 degrees cooler. We took a nice long hike through the 'hood and then stopped off for a visit at Dan and Carol's before heading home. I set the sprinkler in the front yard as once again the grass is drying out. There is no rain in the forecast for our area despite the cool front. I learned after speaking with our "mountain mom" that they had over 7 inches of rain this past week. That should interpret to that our grass at the cabin is about knee high when we get there.

Well we headed in to watch the news and it seems our 4 Americans were sacrificed for political purposes in Libya, disgusting and now the attempt to cover it up maybe the down fall of many much like the Watergate cover up with the Nixon administration many years ago, yikes!!! Oh well I just hope the truth is known and now it seems the IRS was used to bully and threat anyone who believed in American or who was a conservative in their political thinking, LATER   

No comments: