Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Monday started out with temps we usually see in Feb. and March. The 60's is just great to start the day with and no humidity and I see where Texas and the mid-west had some really cold weather as well, oh well so much for the theory of global warming.

The day started with the feathered fowls next door around 5:30 with their dueling crow off. I rolled out a little after 6 to start my day while Nancy slumbered until nearly 7 before rising. I started with the usual, cup of green tea with a little cinnamon in it as I read where that spice is helpful with regulating blood sugar and the storage of fat cells. I'll try anything that will help me get rid of this spare tire. After my quiet time and a bowl of cereal I got ready to ride out to the rec on my bike for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball and workout. We had a large crowd today with 3 courts going and others waiting to get on to play.

After PB I stopped by the weight room where Nancy was doing her routine and decided to do an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical and some heavy weights. I need to work the upper body as I will be doing lots of lifting, hoeing, shoveling and carrying around a weed whacker in about a month or less; here in Florida I can turn my whole garden over in a couple hours with a shovel as there is nary a rock or stone where at the cabin it's just the opposite. I think those rocks and stones actually grow during the winter months while we are gone and some of them even grow legs as I wonder how some many have moved back into my garden while it lays dormant during the winter, Oh well!

After the work out I stopped off for a couple new reads and wow they are hard to put down. An investigation about the murder of 4 youths in Texas that went unanswered for over 3 years before the culprits were brought to justice is just a great read. WE WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN is about the Houston police department's investigation along with the father of one of the victims who was persistent in their efforts to capture the couple who did this massacre. It's a well written story and easy to follow about what it took to finally get a good lead and arrest the bad folks. The irony of it all is 2 of the victims helped the bad girl when she was in times of need in high school and then she turned around and murdered the 2 girls, yeow!

Well Amy and Sam picked up GG and came for lunch. I made a guacamole dip and along with fresh lunch meat from the deli we had us a delicious lunch. Afterwards the girls all took off for the mall for a couple hours while Sam and I played outside. It was just beautiful in the back yard but after an hour or so he wanted a snack and then to watch a movie. He loves the movie Bolt so he watched it twice until the gals got back. I read.

I cut a mess of Swiss Chard for supper to go along with hamburger patties, mac and cheese that Amy had left over from a college function at her house on Sunday night. After the clean up we took off on a couple mile hike through the hood before coming back and settling into another loss for the Ray's after leading 7-0. Wow do they ever need some help on the mound, LATER

No comments: