Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday

Well the morning started out with a phone call from our neighbor wanting me to check on her husband who was at their cabin just down the hill from us. He apparently was feeling woozy before going to bed last night after taking a double dose of his prescribed medicine and failed to answer the phone when his wife tried to call him this morning. I donned my winter clothes as it was in the 30's and headed down the road to their place only to find his truck was gone. There was all kinds of speculation as to why he failed to answer the phone. The end results were good as he left earlier than expected to get some breakfast at local cafe.

I came back and did my quiet time then had a breakfast of a couple eggs with a tomato, jalapeno pepper and the muffins Jetta shared with us yesterday. That held me most of the day except for an apple around lunch time. I spent the morning digging and spreading dirt in the lower yard that had some uneven spots. I hauled about 8 golf cart loads of dirt which kept me busy until I took a break for my apple. Then I dug 2 post holes and set 2 locust posts along the build up wall in the lower yard. Hopefully that will reinforce the wall that holds the yard.

We took off on our daily hike to the top of the mountain and made it all the way to the top without a rest stop. When we reached the top we saw where Ann and Sandy Cline were visiting their cabin. In May Sandy had a serious bout of blood on the brain and he nearly succumbed to that illness. He was in ICU 3 times since May and the prognosis wasn't good. Today he looked great and except for some minor short term memory he is almost back to normal. It was great to see him and Ann. John and Shirley were also up from Mocksville and we all stood around and visited for quite some time.

After leaving them we stopped by Jetta's and visited with her for just a short while before heading on back down the mountain. We decided to visit Helen so we drove over and gave her a book to read, also I took out her window a/c unit as she won't be needing that anymore this year after the cold temps this morning. We headed over and picked some peppers and tomato's from Joe's garden as he is Florida and it will be another week or so before he gets back. There were lots of 'maters that has rotten spots as he failed to stake or tie them up; but we did manage to find a 1/2 dozen good ones and the peppers were just everywhere.

After leaving there we headed home where I cut out the dead limbs in the wine berry bushes until it was time to start the grill. We did chicken fajitas, sauteed peppers and onions, black beans and rice and the last few nubbins of corn for supper. Yeow was that ever great eatin'. After the clean-up I settled into the Fox news Channel. While the temps were cold to start the day it nearly reached 65 as the day progreesed and its not too cold out as night time falls;but it sure is black outside at 7:30, LATER ...Here are a few pics Nancy took on our afternoon road trip to Joe's and Helen's.






Just a reminder the promo for Nutrilite Products that are BOGO for the month of Sept. is just about to expire. This is great savings on super products. Call me or e-mail me if you want further savings as I can offer you even greater discounts. I must make you a preferred customer at no cost to you so you can receive the discounts in addition to the BOGO's.

No comments: