Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday

Well the morning started out with a 7:30 wake up, wow can I ever sleep up here in these quiet hills of course its often after midnight before I lay me down to sleep. I'm once again into another great book by Greg Iles, he is an awesome author. After our get up we did our quiet times then settled for cereal to start the day. After breakfast I headed out to check on the gardens; of course there is little to check on except those beets the deer pulled up a couple weeks ago. They are almost ready to pick as we love the green tender leaves for our salads.

I headed up to the top of the mountain on the golf cart as I picked up some non-stick bandages for neighbor Norman yesterday while in Galax at Wal-Mart. Norman has a terrible infection in his legs and the wounds will just not heal properly; poor guy is suffering terribly. Anyhow while at his place I cut him some of the corn stalks from my corn patch so he could do a fall theme with dried corn stalks, pumpkins and mums. Later in the day I did the same scene in front of our circle planter with corn stalks, pumpkins and a pot of beautiful yellow mums. After helping Norman I picked up a load of rocks from around the corn patch and transported them to my gardens. I did another load of rocks which kept me busy until it was time for our hike to the top.

We saw no one on the hike except our canine pal, Zeke. His master was gone so we didn't stop except for a pat on his head. After the hike I could feel hunger pains, plus it was after 1 when we got back from the top of the mountain. It was spitting rain but not enough to take the laundry off the line and after the front passed the sun came back out with a nice breeze. It was in the low 70's and just an awesome day. I finished up the leftover pork roast and smashed taters and gravy, Yumm!!! We were planning on going down to Mt.Airy around 5 to the one a month horse sale. We sat around and read until it was time to head down off the mountain. That was the first time we had been down that way this summer. We stopped at Hardee's and had a burger and fries and that was a first this summer for us as well. Actually that meal tasted better than the one I had last night at Boogy's and it was about 1/3 the cost as well. The meat tasted like real beef and was yumm.

We got to the horse sale and met up with the Dalton and Luffman Gang and also saw our friends Eddie and Kimberley. There were some really nice horses going for such unbelievably low prices; 2-3 hundred bucks for some full grown steeds. The really beautiful pedigree ones were going for 7-8 hundred which should have been 2-3 thousand. Many owners just took their horses home as they didn't want to give them away. The place was packed with folks; yet it was a buyers market. We left a little after 9 PM and got back on the mountain around 10 PM. Wow was it ever dark coming back to the parkway.

Well tomorrow we are having several folks for a barbecue chicken supper. Many folks are bringing dishes as well and we should have a raucous game of Sequence after eating. We are having some first time guests as well.

I want to remind all the September promo is about to end with All Nutrilite Products being BOGO this month. That means you get 2 for the price of 1. This offer probably won't be around again for at least 6 months so if you use vitamins treat yourself to the best. These are plant based and grown on our organic farms in the U.S.A. I was skeptical at first but when I realized the Wal-Mart stuff is synthetically made and lots of their stuff comes from overseas and wind up undigested in septic tanks and waste plants. I'm an IBO which means I can give you personalised pricing which can save you even more $$$. Nancy and I both use Nutrilite vitamins and supplements and we love them as well as the Legacy of Clean products. You actually save money when you use the best and especially when our team leaders offer promos like this month on Nutrilite. Check us out at Amway.com/JNTriplett. What you will find there is our store with retail pricing; but if you let me know you would like to be a customer I will give you a 20% discount in addition to the BOGO's on our monthly promo's. Let me me know if your interested.

No comments: