Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday

Well it was just a fantastic day that started around 8 AM. We did our quiet times before a lite breakfast of cereal and a left over fish sandwich for me. I headed out to check on gardens and I needed a long sleeve shirt and long britches. It was a cool 50 degrees but there was the look it was going to be a nice fall morning. I headed up to the corn patch to pick the last of the corn. The ears were very small and not filled out. The heavy wind and rain from Tuesday had the stalks beaten down to the ground. I need to go up and cut the stalks up so they can break down over the winter and add some humus to the soil for next years planting.

After leaving the corn patch I loaded up the golf cart with rocks as I wanted to replace the fence holding my compost pile. The timbers were rotting out and full of termites so I knew I wouldn't have to worry about that problem in the future with a rock wall. I gathered up 3 more loads of rocks and finally rebuilt the fence in total. Tomorrow I want to replace some of the fence around my lower garden and get rid of some of the rotting timbers as well.

We had a bite of lunch then we took off for our hike to the top of the mountain. We stopped and visited with Norm who said he wasn't feeling that well. He said he is getting no sleep and he has no energy at all. After leaving Norm we headed on across the mountain. It was just a beautiful time of the day to walk and the sides of the mountain is starting to show some color. We came back and sat on the porch and read for a couple hours. We were having the old gang for snacks and Sequence around 6:30.

Well Nancy made a great salsa and a bean dip while Kimberly brought a sausage and cheese dip and Audine brought a delicious pound cake. We substituted snacks for our supper and played 7 games of Sequence. This is breaking news as the guys came back from 3 down and won the best of 7 games for a change. LATER

No comments: