Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday

Well it was one of those days when we never ventured out of the cabin until late afternoon. The morning started with a lite rain and lots of wind after an all night down pour. Yikes did we ever get rain almost 4 inches overnight and most of the day. After our quiet times we had buckwheat cakes with a couple cackle berry's on top to start the day; actually that was around 10 AM. After breakfast I settled in with a book I've been wanting to read THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. Wow that is a good read and sets up the other 2 books in that trilogy that I have already read. I read about half of it during the day.

I decided since we never got outside for our morning hike that I would use the stairs as a way to get some cardio workout. I did the upstairs a dozen or so times then later in the afternoon I did the basement stairs a dozen or so times. That does get your respiration's up and is good for a minimal workout. After a lite lunch of Ramen Noodle soup around 1 PM we settled once again into the reading stage until all of a sudden the rain stopped and the sun came out around 5 o'clock, yeow was that ever nice so we took off on a hike out to the mailbox which is close to a mile each way with a couple good 13 per cent hills to climb. We made it out and back with no wet weather which was nice. We saw a beautiful red tail hawk and a doe with a small fawn on the hike. That black bear which was supposedly seen last week is still hiding from us or else its moved on.

We came back from the hike and noticed once again the driveway is washed pretty good from the torrential downpours. Neighbor Gerald is up at the cabin next door with his brother so tomorrow he assured us he would once again scrape the driveway with his tractor. Wow is he ever a blessing with his box blade and tractor. I fried up the bass and couple sun fish for supper along with some fresh 1/2 runner green beans and a couple ears of corn on the cob. I'm down to my last 2 ears for this season and wow were they ever good. Next year I'm going to plant corn again despite the late planting and the destruction of so many ears by the raccoon, LATER

No comments: